Protect yourself against Internet fraud!
The vast majority of ads are posted by honest people and trust. So you can do excellent business. Despite this, it is important to follow a few common sense rules following to prevent any attempt to scam.
- Do not send money any money employers or agencies that require upfront payments before placements.
- Ask about the employer/agency you're dealing with - confirming source name, address and telephone number.
- Keep copies of all correspondence (emails, ads, letters, etc.) and details of the person, employer or agency.
- If a deal seems too good to be true, there is every chance that this is the case. Refrain.
Recognize attempted scam
- The majority of scams have one or more of these characteristics:
- The company/person is abroad or traveling abroad.
- The company/person refuses to meet you in person.
- At some point, an upfront payment is requested.
- The messages are in broken language (English or Afrikaans or French.).
- The texts seem to be copied and pasted.